Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dalai Lama and hostel

Today was a pretty exciting day. First we stood in the street to greet the Dalai Lama while he drove up to a school to teach. After we trekked up the mountain we could hear the Dalai Lama while he taught the students and then we saw him again while he left. It was crazy to actually see him in person, I still can't believe it. Later that day we visited a hostel where children from the slums can go to school, sleep, and eat. It was so much fun playing with the children and they were all so happy and energetic. A girl that I talked to who was 16 asked me if I would come visit her again and you could see how sincere she was and it really touched me. And even though they don't have much they were more than willing to give us a present. I really enjoyed meeting them and I wish for their dreams to come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post anything that could be detrimental to the safety of those on this trip.