Monday, June 4, 2012

Little Pinky

Yesterday we were able to visit a hostel and play with so many children! When we arrived all the kids came running. The first little girl I got to spend time with was named Pinky. She couldn't speak English so we had a huge barrier.  She loved to be held and flipped upside down repeatedly. Needless to say, I was exhausted in no time but she was having so much fun! I also spent some time with one older girl who was twelve. She could speak English so it was easier to interact with her and talk. She told me she wanted to become a doctor. During a huge gust of wind, she went and grabbed me a mango that had fallen. I tried it and it was sour compared to the sweet ones we ate in Rishikesh.  After many hours of hand games and what not we made our way back. It was so sad to see there faces when we left but I know they enjoyed it just as much as we did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post anything that could be detrimental to the safety of those on this trip.