Sunday, June 3, 2012

Pinky Promise

Yesterday we visited a hostel with tons of sweet kids. I spent hours with two little girls and time flew by like it was nothing. I wrote their names down but I don't think I have the paper with me, I think they were Jyoti and Kavati. I made them pinky promise to write to me after giving them my address. And then they wanted to picky promise that we were all best friends. It was so sweet! When it was time to leave... it was the worst feeling in the world to say goodbye. Kavati said "when you come back, I'll have a gift for you!" I didn't have the heart to tell her I wasn't planning on coming back. She gave me her hair clip and after giving me a hug and about to cry, she tells me not to cry! But of course I did as soon as she said it. I can't stop thinking of them both, wondering if they actually will write. So many things have happened on this trip where I've said 'its been one of the best days ever', but today may have topped all of those days. Knowing I made those two girls so happy by just spending time with them and actually making one of them cry, I just can't put into words how that makes me feel. One of the best days ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post anything that could be detrimental to the safety of those on this trip.