Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Adrenaline Rush


The past few days have been so busy and full of adventures.  The past two days we have participated in yoga.  Yesterday we did a lot of walking around Rishikesh to several markets.  It was definitely a workout up and down the mountains.  We walked to the Beatles Ashram that is now rundown.  In one of the western dorms, there was awesome graffiti with the song lyrics from the band.  I can’t draw so it was really fascinating that someone could do that. 
Today we went white water rafting.  It was by far the best.  It took about six hours to get to the bottom.  The views we had were amazing.  A little over half way down, we had the choice to take part in a cliff jump.  I was very nervous in the beginning and it got worse the higher we climbed.  When it was finally my turn, I looked down and was asking myself what I had got myself into.  On the count of three I went!! It was the biggest adrenaline rush I have ever had but I am so glad I can say I jumped into the Ganges from a cliff.  Although the water was freezing, it was so refreshing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post anything that could be detrimental to the safety of those on this trip.