Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I miss my dog

So far this trip to India has been absolutely wild! Upon our arival in Dehli we were instantly thrown into a poverty stricken district and got to see first hand how bad the poverty here really is. There were countless beggars desperate for any money or food we were willing to give them, and shop owners would chase after us trying to convince us to come in there store and buy something. It was an extremely moving experience that helps me by thankful for what I have back at home with my family. After a few days of roaming around Delhi we took a train to Agra, the city where the Taj Mahal is built. That monument was truly breathtaking for me because it has always been a dream to see it in person. The while marble and inlaid stone was masterfully done and has stood the test of time by still being beautiful 400 years after it was built. I've realized that the pictures can never really do it Justice, because they only show the Taj itself, and not the accompanying buildings to the right and left, which are almost equally impressive. Unfortunately we only stayed in Agra for a short time, and last night we boarded a night train to Varnassi. The train was incredibly cramped and it was almost impossible to get any sleep. To make things worse the second we got off the train we realized that Varnassi was easily the hottest place we have been so far, and I instantly began sweating through my clothes. However our hotel here is much nicer then the other ones we've stayed at, and over the past few hours Ive begun to grow accustomed to the heat. D-Money is coming back with his assistant Aaron soon, and taking us on a night time activity which will be our first in Varnassi. Also, I really miss my dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post anything that could be detrimental to the safety of those on this trip.