Thursday, May 31, 2012

Himalayan Rafting Adventure

Yesterday we went whitewater rafting in the Ganges.  It was so much fun!  Some rapids were a lot more turbulent than others.  Fortunately our raft never flipped, but we did get splashed.  Some people in our group did jump off the raft quite a bit.  Sometimes we would come to calmer places in the river where everyone would jump into the water and swim for a bit.  Our guide and John both did back flips into the water.  The water was ice cold, but so refreshing! 

At one point, we all got out of the raft to do some cliff jumping.  To be perfectly honest, I was too scared to jump, but I did climb up to take photographs of my dare devil classmates.  After passing the camera I climbed down from the rocks into the water and allowed the current to carry me back to the raft.  I thought that was plenty of cliff excitement for me. 

Overall, we had so much fun.  I hope to get to whitewater rafter again in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post anything that could be detrimental to the safety of those on this trip.