Monday, May 28, 2012

My Birthday

May 27, 1992 was a special day for me because it was the day I was born. I was very fortunate to share it at such a beautiful place and with such beautiful people. The time spent was at Corbitt and the agenda for the day was to go to safari on a jeep to view nature at its most natural state. If you're a nature geek like myself, nothing could get much better. The trees, plants, birds, monkeys, deer, and elephants made the day that much more special. And yes I said elephants, about thirty of them including one crazy one that attempted to uplift a couple of the jeeps. Except for that crazy elephant you would be surprised how gentle the elephants are  After about four hours of observing some of the most beautiful creatures we made our way back to the hotel to eat dinner. Even though everybody cannot sing except for Kimberly, I was greeted with the "Happy Birthday" song and a cake made by Shayna and Hethul that consisted of skittles, gummy bears, almonds and nerds. Shayna added the almonds and honestly I don't know why. My good buddy Tyree bought my dinner so I took advantage and feasted like a king. After dinner and when everyone went to bed, the owner was kind enough to invite me and Sanch to hangout with his friends and enjoy more good food and drinks outside. We got into a deep conversation about the importance of love over money and our relationships with our parents. Just from that one conversation I found a deeper appreciation for my mother so this blog is for you and I love you. No doubt the most memorable birthday of my life.

John Yarbrough

1 comment:

Please do not post anything that could be detrimental to the safety of those on this trip.