Thursday, May 31, 2012

Barbie goes rafting in the Holy River

Heading is for you Hetal! So it's been a while since I've blogged. Since Delhi, I've been to the Taj Mahal, ridden on an elephant, jumped off a cliff, white water rafted, and swam in the Ganges River. The last few days have been amazing. I can't imagine spending my time doing anything else. Yesterday was the white water rafting, probably the best time of my life. The rapids were crazy awesome, we almost flipped once but I loved every second of it. And we went cliff jumping! I wish I knew how high up we were, but it was such a rush, I can't even explain it. I was scared to death but now I wouldn't mind doing it again :)
Our hotel here in Rishikesh is beautiful. The view from our room is incredible... we over look the Himalayan mountains, the river, and the rest of the town. At night it's gorgeous. There are some wild fires though in the distance that look like they're spreading, and apparently nothing is done to fix it, it's just expected to go away? There is a really cute St. Bernard and Pug that walk around near our hotel here, such an odd couple but so freaking cute!! Davey-Ann and I also have a couple pet lizards in our room, yes it's gross but I think they're kind of cute haha! We leave tomorrow and get on a night train to make our way to Dharamsala, our last stop before our one day in Delhi and last day in India. I'm not ready to leave Rishikesh!! It's such a beautiful place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post anything that could be detrimental to the safety of those on this trip.